Colorado Elk Hunts
2016 Black powder season bull elk
Archery, Black powder and early Rifle seasons are hunted in high elevation where the elk summer and rut. The rut is a magical time to elk hunt. Our guides will work hard to get you into the action and call elk into range for you. The elk begin to migrate through our BLM permitted areas during the combination rifle seasons due to hunting pressure, weather, and availablility of food and water. They will winter in these lower BLM areas and the private properties below, migrating back up to higher elevations in mid-spring. The Elk hunts are usually more physically challenging due to the amount of area that they can cover easily each day. However, in these BLM areas the pressure from other hunters can be a great resource in being successful. Having the ability and confidence in your rifle to make longer range shots is also a great benefit to your success. Our guides have the skills to assist you in these Colorado Big Game Hunting situations.
These units are managed for Elk population. We have a good success rate on bulls in the 4×4 to 6×6 range, and occasionally see trophy bulls. There are list B cow licenses available in some of these units which allow you to have the opportunity to harvest both a bull and cow in the same season.
Available Hunts Information
- Trophy Mule Deer Buck Hunts; archery, black powder, 2nd rifle, 3rd rifle, and 4th rifle.
- Elk Hunts.
- Combination Mule Deer/Elk Hunts are five day hunts.
- Trophy Mule Deer Buck Hunts in GMU 61; transportation, fully guided, lodging may include canvas tents etc..
- Trophy Bull Elk Hunts in GMU 61; archery, black powder, early rifle, 1st, 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons. Fully guided, lodging (canvas tents etc.), transportation, and meals included. These hunts are 1 on 2 fully guided hunts.
- Lodging and Meals are provided by Black Canyon Anglers at Gunnison River Farms for an additional $140 per day per person.
If you are interested in more information about Colorado Big Game Hunting services, Colorado Guided Trophy Buck Hunts, Colorado Elk Hunts, or would like to Book A Hunt, contact Roy Jackson today!
➤ Phone: 970-361-7511
➤ Email: email@example.com
➤ Use Our Convenient Contact Form Here➼
Or Contact Us using the form below…
Colorado Big Game Hunting